Recently I’ve been struck with what a truly amazing man I married. I mean seriously, he’s wonderful. I knew he was great when I married him, but I didn’t realize what depth and pure awesomeness I would discover as the years went on.
And so I have decided to let you know some of the reasons I love him. (If you’re allergic to gushy romance, you should probably stop reading now.)
1. He is patient in a way that no human should be able to attain.
2. When I ask for his help on something, he literally will not quit until he has figured out a solution for me.
3. He is a Craigslist genius.
4. In my opinion, he is the definition of a good work ethic. True story: in the years since I met him I have found myself approaching work situations by asking myself, “What would Brian do in this situation?”
5. His laugh always makes me laugh. No matter what.
6. He fights fair. More fair than I do, I’m sad to say.
7. He snuggles me, even though he is a huge proponent of personal space.
8. He understands that I can’t handle things that are any scarier than Lost. (I still have nightmares about that stupid Ethan character.) He doesn’t try to force me to watch scary movies.
9. He’s pretty dang handsome if I do say so myself.
10. He will seriously eat anything I cook, proclaim it delicious, and have seconds. Even if it sucks.
11. On his first day off, his first request is always that he and I sit and have a cup of coffee, catch up about the past few days, and make a plan together for the next few days.
12. He is deeply involved with our children. He cares about every part of their little lives. The kids absolutely adore him. When he walks in the door, everyone comes running and screaming, “Daddy’s home!”
13. Even though he pretends he doesn’t like our dogs, I always catch him giving them some loving pats and scratches behind the ears. Also, get him in the right mood and he will wrestle the dogs.
14. He has one of those math minds that we are all jealous of. Case in point: he has any of our important number-things memorized. All our credit cards, bank numbers, routing numbers, SS numbers, you name it. Locked in his brain. (Incidentally, I am clearly not the math person, given that I described this list as important “number-things.”)
15. He is always behind my crazy dreams and ideas. “Honey, I think I want to start a blog.” Sure, I think you’d be great at it. “Honey, I think I’m gonna start volunteering with youth.” Sure, I’ll stay with the kids so you can go. “Honey, I think I want to go to Nicaragua.” Sure, that seems like a logical next step. Go for it!
16. He brings me back down to earth. Like a lot. In case you didn’t know, I’m kind of overly excitable. (See #15.) Good thing I have Brian.
17. His genes + my genes = cutest kids on the planet. Just sayin’.
18. He invented the word loyal.
19. When he cleans my van I feel like he just bought me a brand new vehicle.
20. He listens to me talk about homeschool stuff and blog stuff. All…. the… time…. zzzzzzzz
I love you, Brian!